FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question for VideoGuys (re Boris Grafitti, Boris FX)

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Applegate
Question for VideoGuys (re Boris Grafitti, Boris FX)
on Jan 4, 2006 at 11:54:51 pm

Hello videoguys. Can Boris Grafitti and Boris Fx be integrated with Avid Liquid 7? I like what I see of both packages on the Boris Website.

Thanks

Return to posts index

John Applegate
Investigation Results
on Feb 21, 2006 at 5:22:44 pm

Just a quick note for anyone interested in this question. I followed up with the folks at Boris and they indicated that both products are compatible with LE7. Apparently, however, there are issues in the first release of LE7 that prevent it from recognizing the Boris plugins. See http://www.stoneacres.org/mantis/view.php?id=36 Note, you will need to set up an account at stoneacres to view the report. It is yet to be determined whether the pending SP2 for LE7 will address this issue.

Return to posts index

John Applegate
My Installation of AL7 recognizes the Boris Plugins
on Mar 14, 2006 at 6:46:31 pm

Just a quick update on this thread... I ordered the Boris Combo deal (Fx + Graffiti) from Videoguys, fully expecting, based on the observation of others, that AL7 would not recognize the new Boris plugins and that I might have to do some tweeking on my own to get the plugins recognized.. My thought at the time was that if I couldn't tweek it into obedience then the worst case scenario would be having to wait for Avid to kick out another patch or wait for 7.1. (Yea, I know---> I'm a gullable newbie....)

In any event, I installed both Boris Grafitti and Boris Fx plugins and was pleasantly surprised that my installation of AL7 recognized both plugins. Icons for each appeared in the effects lib tab and I can open these plugins from within AL7. I haven't tried to use them extensively yet, but they do show up and can be started up from within AL7. This was done without any tweeking..

If I am interpreting the various forum threads on this issue properly, whether the Boris plugins are recognized or not may be dependant upon the previous installation history on the PC.

If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to publish machine/installation config info. Have posted a similar note on the stoneacres bug tracking site...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]