FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help - Which One and Why?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PK
Help - Which One and Why?
by
on Dec 27, 2005 at 7:45:31 pm

I have been into editing for 2 years now, mostly with Pinnacle Studio 9+. Studio seems buugy and prone to crash. I also have used Preniere Elements - which seems more stable, but i miss not seeing the demo motion icon of what the effect looks like and Samrt Sound. I also liked the way Studio would automaticaly transition/fade the audio with out having to pick everytime a vid+audio transition.

I want a full feature editor that is somewhat intuative/easy to use, support for HDV available, ability to mix SD with HDV and at least an add in to do at least a 2 camera multi cam. edit.

I mostly do personal stuff, but I have done a few weddings, and other projects. I have a Panny GS400 and a new Sony HC-1 HDV camcorder.
I have tried demo versions of PremierePro, Vegas 6, and Liquid 6. PPRo seems to be the easiest/most intuative to me. Liquid seems the least intuative, with Vegas in between. I think with time I could become comfortabe with any of them. It really would boil down to which one will give me the highest quality of output, reliability (does not crash) and capability - add ins, collor correction abilities-etc. Ofcourse ease of use and quickness of use are important. So which one do you recommend? Which do you use? It seems like PPro and Vegas are the most popular.
With either of them I would purchase the bundle package, with Liquid it seems everything is already included. Thank you for your input, Sincerely PK Confused

Return to posts index

Tom Elliott
Re: Help - Which One and Why?
on Dec 28, 2005 at 10:39:38 pm

Well,
I have always used Premiere since my initiation with Pinnacle DV500 capture card which came bundled with Premiere 5.01. I now have Premeire 6.5 on my Gateway Pentium II 450 and Premiere Pro 1.5 on my Toshiba Laptop.
Both serve me well.
I came from the film world of the late 60's doing song films (precurser of music videos) with Gene Weed (now deceased) and his "Film Factory" who worked closely with Chuck Blore & Associated and Dick Clarke as a director.
Great times!
Now I can do on my laptop in days what took weeks on a movieola weeks.
So, Premeire came closest to my film days because of the A/B roll editing.
I am getting used to PP1.5 but miss the default A/B settings.
Yours,
Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]