FORUMS: list search recent posts

What Dual-core AMD motherboard should I get? BOB problem.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pointreyes
What Dual-core AMD motherboard should I get? BOB problem.
on Dec 19, 2005 at 4:05:43 pm

Using Liquid Edition 6 Pro and attempted the Avid 7 upgrade to no avail. BOB is still an unknown USB Device. Have concluded that the motherboard's USB chip is not going to work with BOB.

My hardware setup can be found at this link:
http://members.dsl-only.net/~pointreyes/ga/hsystem.jpg

The Family/NLE machine is the one that I need to replace the motherboard on but I don't want to spend $200+ for a board only to have to return it with restocking fees. Disovered that an Adaptec USB adapter is not an option since Adaptec in their typical inane customer support will not update the adapter to accomodate for SMP procs.

Windows XP Pro is installed on this system and the installations are completely independent (believe me, I know what I'm doing with this aspect of OS installations, I have a decade of experience with multi-OS installations. Smile ). Avid and LE have both been attempted on very new installs of XP Pro with all the latest updates of all drivers and software (like Adobe Reader, nero, etc). Only what is relative to video encoding and/or documentational software has been installed on this OS.

Please help. I really need to get this system up and running, I have customers that want their videos. I have next week off so I really need to get the board order today so that I have next week to work on it.

Return to posts index

John Applegate
Re: What Dual-core AMD motherboard should I get? BOB problem.
on Dec 31, 2005 at 6:47:49 am

Did you by any chance examine the BIOS settings and/or version? It does appear that there were, historically at least, BIOS updates for the AN8 Ultra attendant to USB issues. Reference : http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/bios_revision.php?categories=1&mode...

Return to posts index

pointreyes
Re: What Dual-core AMD motherboard should I get? BOB problem.
on Dec 31, 2005 at 9:07:50 am

Oh yeah. Smile The first thing I did with the board was update to the latest non-beta bios. I have years of computer builds history behind my belt - almost is second nature to do the bios updates. Smile

I finally solved the problem but I switched to Intel and I'm a little bit happy I did. The way that board allocated resources had me concerned. I found another use for my Opteron plus I can still use it for non-BOB related tasks. Like TMPGenc and such.

I was shocked to find out that I could not find this information out on the Pinnacle forums. If you still have an unknown USB device after installing Liquid, run the program on the CD named: comp_drvmbox.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]