FORUMS: list search recent posts

RT.X100 vs DV-Storm-2 Pro - Really Confused Now!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dadu7058
RT.X100 vs DV-Storm-2 Pro - Really Confused Now!
on Dec 13, 2004 at 6:45:54 pm

All in the forum or Gary at Videoguys.com... I hope you can help. The more I read the less I understand. I'm upgrading computer hardware and I am ready to add a video capture card. I am licensed with Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 (and nothing else).

RT.X100 was "STRONGLY" recommended over DV-Storm-2 for a stable integration with Premier. My issue with Matrox is their incompatibility with Intel ICH6R RAID controller. Their Technical information says you must disable Intel SATA AHCI Controller which I believe would disable my RAID 1 (mirror) on my SATA drives.

My other issue is I cannot buy a Matrox RT.X100 without having to buy it integrated with another copy of Adobe Premier which I do not need.

DV-Storm-2 is said to be a fantastic product, but does not integrate well with Adobe Premier.

I'm ready to buy! BUT... not without knowing what works!
All help is appreciated.
(New hardware: MB=ASUS P5AD2 Premium, SATA RAID 1, P4 3.2 GHz with HyperThread, GeForce 6600GT PCI Express video card)

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: RT.X100 vs DV-Storm-2 Pro - Really Confused No
on Dec 13, 2004 at 7:49:09 pm

1) The RTX100 integrates with premeire pro better. Storm is a great card, but Matorx has really done a superb job of integration w/ Premeire pro

2) You can purchase the RTX100NAC for $699.95. It's the card only. Requires proof of Premiere Pro ownership

3) Not familiar with your Raid controller issue. I also don;t understand why you have a raid 1 mirror on an nle config. We recommend a raid 0 stripe for speed for your video media.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

dadu7058
Re: RT.X100 vs DV-Storm-2 Pro - Really Confused No
on Dec 13, 2004 at 8:13:03 pm

Many thanks for the quick response. I am almost ready to sign the deal.

RE: Line 2 - Confirming the license agreement for RTX100NAC - Matrox said this product bundle required Premier and After Affects Video Collection License numbers or Institutional or University "Contractual License" agreements with Adobe. I have only the one license agreement for Adobe Premier Pro 1.5.

RE: Line 3 - you're right - NLE would be RAID 0 but in any case, Matrox RT.X100 tech support said their card is incompatible with the RAID controller ... so it appears impossible to use either RAID configurations.

I'm ready to order with a confirmation on:
#2 regarding License
#3 anything on what you have done with RAID 0 or 1 on your inhouse DIY systems and the issue Matrox has with the Intel ICH6R controller.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]