FORUMS: list search recent posts

Software selection help for the novice

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jc123
Software selection help for the novice
on Dec 14, 2005 at 4:30:21 pm

I am just starting to look at software to make a first attempt at converting & editing camcorder family home video, but would welcome input on the best starter software for a "newbie" with limited technical skill.

The bulk of the video is children's recitals so stage white lighting severely impacts the footage. Do any allow for this to be "corrected"?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

JDR12
Re: Software selection help for the novice
on Jan 2, 2006 at 4:06:09 pm

I am new to the editing world as well, but did just complete a huge family video project. I have learned you will encounter several problems from having to buy more and more hardware to dealing with bad software. It will get expensive. I am pretty good with computers so I somehow overcame those issues. I used Pinnacle Studio 10 Plus and Cyberlink's Powerdirector 4. Both have huge bug issues in them and really is not worth the money. In my opinion, although it is expensive, do what I am doing and bite the bullet. Buy a program such as Liquid 7, Express, etc. and just put the time into learning it. Trust me, the frustrations, time spent, and quality of your videos is worth the extra money.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]