FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grey icon infesting some recordings from vhs tape

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Merlin
Grey icon infesting some recordings from vhs tape
on Dec 12, 2005 at 9:30:58 pm

I am getting my vhs footage off onto the panny eh50 HDD, then dividing title, then one title at a time I am moving them onto the PC via DVD-RAM, use Ulead Movie factory 4 Disc Creator or VideoReDo to edit ads out, add chapters and then write to dvd-r.

One of these recordings had a grey box with diagonal bar across it in thumbnail view. I divided up the four titles on that tape, and the icon went onto each one.

I have just transferred another tape overnight with a few progs on it onto the panny HDD and turning on the panny out of sleep mode this evening sees screen with a message, unable to finish recording due to some reason (wasn’t a fault as such)…look in thumbnail view and there is that grey icon again, seemingly cocking up my simple desire to turn vhs into dvd.

Hey,… that program I have already taped before from another vhs tape, guess I videod it twice, yet this prog this time is with icon. Might it be that a prog later on in the vhs tape has a restriction and thus it infests all 3 hours worth, before and after it ? This is a pain as if I think this is what I think this is, its slapping a restriction on progs that never had one. The manual shows a cross in a box, I have a diagonal bar with drop shadow box. The cross icon means copy once associated with the recording by the broadcaster. Is that what this single diagonal bar is ? However it transfers itself to every title on the vhs tape when I divide title, including those not transmitted with the restriction….and that’s not fair.

What might I expect with this icon. Will I be able to at least get the title onto dvd-r via my PC in the above workflow, or will the act of DVD-RAM writing on the Panny be denied me, or where in the workflow does it hit the buffers ?

Surely I am entitled to ditch the vhs and have a slimstore version of this now. I don’t intend to go duplicating it, but I want to use dvd from now on, does this ‘law’ force me to keep my vhs machine operational. I am entitled to one recording of this and that’s what I want. The vhs goes.

What if I am denied the ram to pc to edit to dvd-r route, can I use the master (vhs) and write straight to dvd-r or will it say ‘seen that ‘ and stop me feeding it into panny once more ?

Merlin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]