FORUMS: list search recent posts

Finally built it and wanted to share!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
videdit1
Finally built it and wanted to share!
on Dec 6, 2005 at 11:56:08 pm

This was my first system build and I strayed some from the Videoguys plans for budget concerns. I tried to go ultra low budget without sacrificing quality parts. I took some risks on used parts (which I would not recommend, but I got lucky.) My system has been up for two weeks and has been tackling some pretty heavy rendering without a problem.

Gigabyte 9i45p pro (barely used) 59.99 ebay
micron ddr2 ram 1gb 59.99 ebay
pentium 4 ht 630 180.00 new egg
ati firegl v3100 dual monitor 75.00 ebay
nec dvd rw dl silver 44.99 new egg
aluminum case skyhawk 15.00 new egg clearance
thermaltake tr2 430 w psu 28.99 ($10 mail in rebate)
4 antec case fans 28.00
windows xp pro oem 140.00 (rip off, but then it is microsoft)
120 gb 7200 seagate x2 60.00 (2 $40 rebates)

grand total 691.96 + shipping

I am extremely happy with my system. I did a lot of research to find these prices, but with a little work I'm sure others can find similar deals. I would highly recommend the Gigabyte boards as an alternative to the Asus boards. Excellent stability and options at a slightly lower price. I found that the 945p boards had very little difference in performance than the 955x, but hold less ram. I will eventually update the processor to dualcore, the drives to sata II and hopefully the os to x64 once microsoft irons out all the kinks. Although Videoguys only recommend Nvidia cards I went with the ATI FireGL line which is certified for Adobe Premiere Pro, handles dual monitors, and is similarly 128 MB openGL. It isn't as heavy hitting as the Quardro cards, but I am very satisfied with the performance.

Thanks Videoguys for all the extremely helpful info! I highly recommend getting products through Newegg as they seem to have a combination of the best prices and customer service.

BB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]