FORUMS: list search recent posts

DV500 - Frame issues (not dropped) and woes

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
enterbase
DV500 - Frame issues (not dropped) and woes
on Dec 4, 2005 at 1:49:21 pm

First of all my apologies for just springing in here and posting a question. I have trawled the net looking for answers but no luck and this place looks like a good place to ask.

I am an audio engineer so video is a bit of a bolt on for me. I have been looking, for a number of years, for a good quality VHS to DVD system where the output quality of the final DVD is as good as reasonably possible without spending thoasands. I have had a few attempts over the last few years. This has included a number of PC cards that have eithe failed to perform at all or have had issues with audio sync.

In a recent attempt to deal with it I purchased a Panasonic DMR-ES10 with the view of ripping the completed discs onto the HDD and then editing them. However, this recorder seems to use some weird audio stream that no piece of software that I have tried can resolve. Fantastic picture mind you. (If anyone knows a workaround for this I would love to know)

In the end I opted for a used DV500+ with prem 6.5. This is nice and stable and grabs the video wonderfully except for one thing. The Left hand side of the frame is never filled properly and when you play the finished items off back on a TV its like a black ruler on the left hand side of the screen. This seems to go right back to the capture on the DV500+ but I cannot seem to adjust the frame size to get rid of it.

Is it possible to resize each frame of the grabbed .avi EASILY so I can get the captured video to FILL a tv screen? I am assuming this is something I will have to do AFTER grabbing the video as I can't seem to gain any control over the frame size the card is capturing.

Any pointers (bear in mind I am UK (PAL) not NTSC and I would be most greatful.

Return to posts index

pjpfuchs
Do you have a zoom effect in Premiere?
on Dec 4, 2005 at 4:48:01 pm

Just a suggestion - if you have a zoom effect available in Premiere (or a Pinnacle plug-in such as Hollywood FX) then you could zoom in a little bit and shift your image left, just enough to get rid of the wrong part of the image. Of course you would have to apply the effet on your entire footage. If you have real-time effects, not a problem. Otherwise, it may take some rendering time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]