FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Express DV vs. Avid Liquid 7

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mvb
Avid Express DV vs. Avid Liquid 7
by
on Dec 2, 2005 at 8:55:18 pm

Which is the better software package? Avid Express DV or Avid Liquid 7?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Avid Express DV vs. Avid Liquid 7
on Dec 2, 2005 at 11:22:27 pm

What kind of video work do you do? Are you an event videographer, hobbiest, independent filmmaker, student, we video producer?

What computer will you use? Do you already have it or are you getting a new one?

Gary

Return to posts index

mvb
by
on Dec 3, 2005 at 12:17:40 am

I guess to break it down more for you, at the moment I mainly take other people's footage, whatever it may be, edit it down for them, and put it on dvd for them. I have done some corporate work, some healthcare, and some residential type work, and have gotten by alright on the cheaper editors until now. I am getting more of a demand for more capabilities though for the web and marketing dvds as well as some possible tv work. I'd also like to eventually get into some movie making down the line too. Does that help at all?

The computer I will be using is running an AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 2.41GHz processor, 1GB of RAM (soon to be 2GB), VGA-Connect3D X700 Pro 256M, DV converter - ADVC110, hard drives - 1 80GB and 1 200GB and a Sound BlasterAudigy2ZS Platinum on Windows XP Professional.

So what is your recommendation?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Dec 3, 2005 at 5:48:43 pm

I think that Avid Liquid is the way for you to go. It's a full featured program that also has integrated DVD authoring and export to all teh various multimedia formats.

Gary

Return to posts index

mvb
by
on Dec 4, 2005 at 12:57:48 am

Thanks for the recommendation. Liquid it is then.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]