FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems capturing video

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grnthumb40
Problems capturing video
on Dec 2, 2005 at 6:58:58 pm

I'm capturing viedo from my Sony analog Hi8 video camera using a Dazzle 80 adapter with Pinnacle Studio 9 Software. I have an S Video cable & audio cable plugged into Dazzle adapter which is connected to USB 2. The video is jerky/skipping during the capture process and the audio switches from left to right speakers constantly. My system is Windows 2000, Pentium 4, 333 mghz, Geforce 5200, SoundBlaster Live 9000. I've closed all background programs and I'm current with my system & programs being updated. What in the world is wrong! Is it me, the computer, the adapter or the program. I'm very frustrated but very determined. Someone please help me.

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: Problems capturing video
on Dec 3, 2005 at 2:37:59 pm

I can't help solve your present problem..
I rather suggest you convert your video into DV & firewire into your computer. most new camcorders have firewire in them and you can use them to convert your analog signal into a firewire output to computers. I assume based on your specs of your PC it should have firewire/1394.

I also suggest you have a minuim of a seperate hard drive for video files.

Return to posts index

Wesley Cardone
Re: Problems capturing video
on Jan 18, 2006 at 7:00:57 pm

At a clock rate of only 333MHz I suspect your machine is under powered. However, I saw the same problem on my machine (to a lesser degree than you describe) and it is an AMD Athalon running at 1.8GHz. But then I discovered that I could pipe my analog signals through my miniDV camcorder and let it make the analog-to-digital conversion. It worked great!!!!! No dropped frames or jerkiness.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]