FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Movie Album by Panasonic, needed for dvd-ram ?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Merlin
DVD Movie Album by Panasonic, needed for dvd-ram ?
on Nov 29, 2005 at 1:39:53 pm

DVD Movie Album by Panasonic, needed for dvd-ram

have a Panasoniv DMR EH50 dvd/hdd combo.

Has anybody heard of or is using DVD Movie Album by Panasonic, This I am told by Panasonic is a program that will enable me to work with the file type that writing to their dvd-ram produces. Example…I have dubbed 5 titles to dvd-ram from my panny Eh50 HDD, but I see only one file of 1.5 Gb on the ram disc when looking at it on the PC. As I wish to put these 5 titles into folders on my PC dependent on their subject matter, then write a folders worth to dvd-r when I have enough of one subject matter, I need I am told this program which after editing ads etc out, I can go Export as separate mpg’s and each resulting mpg is given the meaningful name from the title that it is .

Furthermore the problem I am getting with NERO rejecting vob’s or mpg’s made using VideoReDo from the vro files will be solved as this will make the mpg files compatible, VideoReDo is keeping something from the dvd-ram format of the files that NERO dislikes.

I am Using Nero Express. I go DVD Video
Please add the ifo bup and vob files to the Video_TS folder it says.
This folder sits there in a pink colour next to a yellow Audio_TS folder. Is this ready to receive or do I open it, I decide to d/click it to be sure.
I choose add and select the files from the dvd-ram… and it rejects them saying Only compliant DVD Video files can be added to the Video_TS folder, VIDEO_TS.IFO not VR_MANGR.IFO. VIDEO_TS.BUP NOT VR_MANGR.BUP. Please add files from a completed DVD video title or use Authoring software like Nero Express to create DVD video files from standard video files like avi and mpg.

As said, it also rejects the mpg and vob file types made using VideoReDo from the dvd-ram originals.

A search on the net finds no real mention of this program DVD Movie Album. If it’s the only way of turning dvd-ram supplied footage into mpg that Nero will accept, why does the Panasonic sales outlet not even know of it at first asking ?

The advantage of it stripping out and writing 5 mpeg files with the title names is what I need, I however would like to have these as also vob files for taking into Premiere as vob better than mpg I am told. Downside is I cant store vob’s except on the PC HDD, or could I write them to DVD-RAM with my LG ram burner, uses Nero, sod…back to Nero which may reject them, unless DVD Movie Album makes them acceptable as is the claim with its mpg output.

Merlin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]