Mini DV to PC to DVD

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sjg
Mini DV to PC to DVD
by
on Nov 27, 2005 at 12:12:50 am

Hello,
Looking to transfer my mini dv home footage to dvd. Tried using Ulead Movie Studio 7 (came installed on my PC) and was able to import avi's (large file size and excellent quality), edit them and create chapters and menus. Burned it to dvd and was very disappointed in the quality. I figure it is the codec used to convert the avi's to dvd (mpeg2) that caused the quality reduction. Anyway, I am looking to purchase a program in the $100-$150 range that would do a better job. I was looking at Adobe Premier Elements 2.0, Sony Vegas Movie Studio +DVD Platinum Edition, Pinnacle Studio Plus 10 and Power Director 5. Any opinions or suggestions on these programs would be greatly appreciated. I'm just getting started with home video editing and wanted to start with a low end program berore taking the plunge on a more expensive professional package.
I'm leaning toward the Adobe package, I've heard that the Pinnacle program has stability and system resource issues. Don't know much about the other two.

Thanks,
Steve

Return to posts index

gary_hend
Re: Mini DV to PC to DVD
on Feb 4, 2006 at 6:50:20 pm

Check out [url=http://www.desktop-video-guide.com/top-7-video-editing-software-review.html]this link - it lists the top video editing programs for beginners. You may be interested in them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]