FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMD64 X2 ???

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mmatlock
AMD64 X2 ???
on Nov 15, 2005 at 6:48:01 pm

In the DIY challenge 3 there was mention of Dual Xeon intel processors. Has anyone tried or heard about Avid Xpress Pro 5 using the AMD64 x2?

I'm looking to put a system together that will be for JUST offline, ala 15s, and am hoping the AMD will work. I'm also getting an Nvidia 7800 card and SLI MB. This is primarily a gaming system, but it'd be great if i could cut on it. I need a "pro-sumer" system as i'll be working on reality shows and docs from home and getting footage from the production company.

A gig of corsair LL Ram I have, as well as the audigy 2 ZS and some SATA hard drives.

What do you guys think?

Return to posts index

Bugdog
AMD x2
on Nov 19, 2005 at 9:14:16 pm

MMatlock,
Good question on the AMD x2.
Mosey on over to ADK Computers. They are building NLE PC's based on the AMD chips. I have been in discussion with them over the past six months about building an NLE system for me and will probably move forward on one before the end of the year. I know everyone (almost everyone) will tell you to build an NLE system based on Intel chips but I think the AMD chips are now coming into their own. Contact Scott at AMD and pick his brains. I think you will see that Intel doesn't necessarily "own" the video editing market.
Bugdog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]