FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to use clips from Remember the Titans

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dlorrai
Trying to use clips from Remember the Titans
on Nov 10, 2005 at 9:05:07 pm

I'm building a highlight tape for my son's football team. I thought it would be fun to include clips from "real" football movies, including Remember the Titans. I recorded the movie the last time it aired on ABC, on my VCR. My belief was that, since the movie aired over public airwaves, there would be no copy protect.

I am able to capture the clips from the movie, and can play them using my video edit software (VideoWave 7). However, when I produce a larger scene that includes the clips, I do not get the clips to play.

My question: am I running to a copy protect function, or am I possibly doing something wrong in another area? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
Re: Trying to use clips from Remember the Titans
on Nov 15, 2005 at 9:50:44 pm

Ugh. #1, please don't use footage or sound from actual football movies. Especially from something as recent as RTT. I mean, if you're pulling a Knute Rockne quote from somewhere or a Lombardi soundbite, sure...but the whole RTT thing is a bad idea. That's just my opinion as a professional filmmaker who travels with sports teams making movies about their seasons.

#2. Don't know what the problem is. If you taped it from TV (that's gotta be just fantastic quality) onto a blank tape then it should capture and play just fine. I've used that method for other things, never a problem. I wish I knew more about how you were doing this and then maybe I could help.

Return to posts index

dlorrai
on Nov 15, 2005 at 10:23:52 pm

I appreciate your "style" advice. Thanks for the input. Thankfully, my 13 year olds are more forgiving than professional athletes.

I'm going to tackle it again tonight. What more can I tell you about how I'm doing this?

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
on Nov 16, 2005 at 9:09:07 pm

Yes, I cover the young'uns too. Please, for all that is holy in filmmaking, do not do this.

How about I send you a copy of my 04 team and give you a different perspective on how to approach these projects. I send DVDs out every Monday so if you're interested, email me at Noyz3001@aol.com with an address to send it to.

-Q

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]