I'm wanting to capture and edit my old VHS and 8mm. I've tried to read/find the info on the hardware itself but so far am unsuccessful (other than IO ports, basic specs). Here's some questions that would really help in making an informed decisions:
- It appears that all 3 use the same chip and that the 300 does cleanup at the time of capture?
- Is the 300's cleanup a hardware signal cleanup or simply a firmware/software cleanup?
- What's the difference between the Let's Edit RT card and the AceDVio card?
- Do either of these PCI cards do any cleanup?
- Can the same 300 type cleanup be done with the PCI cards via software?
- Do any of these three solutions aid/have any hardware editing/rendering speed differences?
- I'm looking for the best value and am wondering if a AceDVio with a higher end software package will be better than the base 300. If so what are the recommendations?
Any input on the above questions -or- if there are other solutions that should be considered I'd greatly appreciated the expertise and input. Thanks. Garth.