FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATI TV USB 2 software does not install drivers

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fouman1
ATI TV USB 2 software does not install drivers
on Dec 2, 2004 at 3:21:45 pm

My system is WinXP SP2, running on a Soyo Dragon Plus MB. All my BIOS and drivers are updated. When I attempt to install the software for the ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 hardware (retail package), either from CD or from the updated files from the ATI web site, the installation hangs at several points:

1) installing the ATI USB drivers, the first part of the installation, puts the system in 100% cpu utilization and sits there until I terminate the process. The exact message I get when I abort the installation is : ATI WDM The remote procedure call failed

2) Installing the Multimedia Center: the installer readies the system for installation then gives the error message "the Remote Procedure Call did not complete" then exits

the ATI support center is useless with their automated email responses.

The only 2 items that install are teh Object DB and teh TV user guide software, neither of which does anything for the hardware. Any idea what's happening or what to try? The main reason I purchased this hardware is due to the good review and comments posted on here.

Anthony

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: ATI TV USB 2 software does not install drivers
on Dec 2, 2004 at 7:00:42 pm

When you do the installation do you have the device connected and powered on? Does the installation manual have you connect and power on the device before installing the software or after installing the software? What does the device manager indicate about the device's status?

BTW, this is the first time I have noticed anything about the ATI TV USB 2 on this forum? Can you direct me to any previous comments?

Return to posts index

fouman1
Fixed - ATI TV USB 2 software does not install
on Dec 8, 2004 at 1:57:56 pm

My apologies for the erroneous mention of the ATI USB TV in your forum. The correct source was from the everythingusb.com forum.

I disabled all my startup software using msconfig and then I was able to install the software One of these was the culprit:

quicktime, InCD, all IM software, nero, norton, PowerDVD, winamp

Hope this helps others too. ATI acknowledges problems with their software installs, especially tehir Multimedia Center that closes after launching the install software without doing any installation.

Thanks,
Anthony

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: Fixed - ATI TV USB 2 software does not install
on Dec 8, 2004 at 5:44:04 pm

Thanks for the correction and the information. I think I will check out that forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]