FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Premiere Pro & Matrox RT.X 10 (100) Mpeg Encoding

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cirkus76
Adobe Premiere Pro & Matrox RT.X 10 (100) Mpeg Encoding
on Nov 4, 2005 at 4:13:30 pm

Ok...I work at a Cable company in their production Department. I have 5 NLE workstations all of which are home-built Matrox RT.X based (4 Rt.X 10 & 1 RT.X 100). 90% of our local channels' playback is server based mpeg2.
About 5 months ago, for no apparent reason, after encoding a half hour show I noticed that the field order was incorrect during playback through the WYSIWYG matrox plug-in, the video is jittery (especially during zooms and pans). At first it was only the RT.X 100 suite (At the time I deducted it was because I had installed the new Full version of XP Pro w/SP2), but about 2 months later one of the RT.X 10 machines experienced the same problem and now I can not encode an mpeg2 file without this happening. This becomes a problem for playing back mpeg2 files as you can imagine. I have tried every patch (well only one really from the Adobe website) read every forum on the net and even tried re-installing 2 of the machines fresh. I have rendered out mpegs reversing the field order, nothing. If I deinterlace the mpeg then it looks ok - but I also drop from 500 lines to 250 of resolution at that point and have major aliasing issues. The NLE suites are all networked, and all started experiencing the playback problems after playing a file from one of the NLE suites that have the encoding/decoding issues...it acts like a virus? I suspect its a Ligos/Mainconcept decoding issue. I noticed if I encoded an Mpeg at home and played here at work it was fine (I looked at file properties while the "Home" Mpeg was playing and it said it was using the Mainconcept decoder, but any file encoded here defaults to the Ligos Encoder/Decoder for playback?). This seems to be the case for an Mpeg file encoded by software (Adobe Premiere Pro) or Hardware (Matrox Media Encoder/Ligos). Am I stuck with this? This is totally unacceptable...My only choice is to order old versions of XP pro or Home w/SP1a - re-install all the NLE's at the same time and pray I dont lose my job over this. Oh yeah...and I tried downloading and installing the MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP VIDEO DECODER CHECKUP UTILITY (DECCHECK.EXE) and setting the Mainconcept decoder as the default - and apparently it didn't care what I picked...because it still used the ligos decoder!! I am usually the guy who figures this stuff on his own, but I have met my match this time...2 steps away from bustin' out the old Amiga and doin' some tape to tape editing...god help us.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]