FORUMS: list search recent posts

VHS to DVD capture and burn on the fly

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diewrecked
VHS to DVD capture and burn on the fly
on Oct 17, 2005 at 9:58:15 am

Hi all,

I don't even know if this is possible but given you can do it with a domestic DVD recorder I would have thought so, so I hope someone can help.

I've got a number of VHS tapes I want to burn to DVD for archive (yes that old chestnut again!). I've got software to do the whole capture/convert to mpeg2/author and convert to vob/burn thing but it takes AAAGES!!!!!!!

What I'm after is a one-stop no-frills way of converting VHS direct to DVD with only basic settings (ie quality level and autochapter, like a domestic DVD recorder) in real time, ie, play the video in while it's burning the DVD on the fly. Is there anything out there that can do this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Setup: XP pro box SP2, with a Nebula Electronics DigiTV capture card, but running the BTWinCap drivers for analogue input (much faster and better quality drivers than the DigiTV driver for the analogue side) with two DVD writers, one at 8-speed one at 16-speed. Software I'm currently using (aside from the BTWinCap driver): AVI_IO capturing to AVI using the Alparysoft lossless codec for better quality, TMPGEnc AVI to MPEG converter and TMPGEnc DVD Authoring software.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]