FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with creating a DVD from .RAR and .PAR2 files

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gacapp
Help with creating a DVD from .RAR and .PAR2 files
on Oct 3, 2005 at 11:18:58 pm

Ok I am new to the usenet forums and I despartely need someone to help me in creating a DVD that I can play on a regular DVD player from the .RAR files I downloaded. I'll go step by step as to what I did and what is wrong.

I downloaded 169 .RAR files into a folder. I used WinRAR and extracted the files from the first .RAR file into a folder called DVD. In that process, it said that one of the files was corrupt. When the process was finished, I have the following files in my DVD folder:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS
VIDEO_TS.VOB
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0
VTS_01_3.VOB
VTS_01_4.VOB
VTS_01_5.VOB

I notice that VTS_01_1.VOB and VTS_01_2.VOB are missing.

Now I also downloaded all the .PAR2 files that are as follows:

vol00+01
vol01+02
vol011+09
vol020+17
vol03+04
vol037+33
vol07+05
vol070+33
vol103+33
vol12+09
vol136+33
vol169+33
vol21+18
vol39+35

Now I read that I am supposed to use QuickPar to get the recovery files from the .PAR2 files. But I am very confused at this point.

So I have the files I listed above in my DVD folder. Now I need to know the step by step process from here using QuickPar. I'm just not getting it. I think I understand when I have a .PAR2 file that is vol01+33 means that there are 33 blocks of recovery files. But I just don't understand the process of using the recovery files to complete the files I need to create the DVD.

As I said if someone can take me step-by-step through the process using QuickPar, I would really appreciate it. I spent extra money to be able to download files from Giganews to create DVD's, but I don't know how to yet.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]