FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where Can I find a stock footage video library?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff
Where Can I find a stock footage video library?
by
on Sep 26, 2005 at 4:38:40 pm

My question is, does anyone know where I can find inexpensive or better yet a free Video Stock Footage Library on a wide variety of themes and subjects to make my project zing? I’m looking for such things as ships coming into harbor, older black and white footage of logging operations, Logging trucks driving down the highway, even obscure things like world war I trench warfare. I’ve been all over the web and just can’t seem to find what I am looking for. Also, does anyone know of any club or amateur and/or professional video group that perhaps pool resources for the trading of video footage for the mutual benefit of all. I have some very dramatic and unique footage of operations within my own industry and craft, I can’t help but believe there is some group or resource out there like this that help one another out.

To give anyone interested some background, I am a professional woodworker and have been struggling to produce an exciting (in-house) video production about extraordinary and unique material and processes in woodworking. The format for the project is in the documentary style. I’m using a Sony PD150 and have purchased remote sound equipment, Adobe Premiere Pro for my editing and a respectable high-end editing computer. Financially the project is killing me and had I not been so naïve at the outset of the project to think that I could do a heck of a better job with much more interest and content than most programs of this type that I see on TV and Cable, I don’t know that I would have started down this road. However, at this point it is "in for a penny, in for a pound" as they say and I am not one to quit before I finish any project I start. However, I am in a bit of trouble and hope someone has a few suggestions.

If anyone would care to contact me, please feel free to Email me at MERSL190@aol.com

Thanks All,, Jeff
Confused

Return to posts index

Jeff
I'm from South East Pennsylvania USA by the way.
by
on Sep 26, 2005 at 9:24:03 pm

I guess it is overly ambitious to expect an answer or input to my inquiry this quick but in case anyone lived in the area I thought I’d tell you folks I am from Schwenksville. Pennsylvania, USA. If anyone cares to see how serious I am about this video venture they take a glimpse at my web site at: http://www.jdlohrwood.com

Thanks to anyone that may respond. I can't imagine there is not some resource video library already in exisitance and if not I think that's my next business venture once I finish the current project.
Regards,
Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]