FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing 3d studio max animations into encore.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sy
Importing 3d studio max animations into encore.
by
on Sep 21, 2005 at 2:39:52 pm

Hi all,

I have been asked to make a multi menued dvd using adobe encore. I have my photoshop files, all my psds and tiff etc, set at the right size (720 by 576, RBG) and the menus are working as they should. The main problem I seem to have is importing 3d studio max animation into the project, and when i burn to dvd I lose the quality of the render. It goes slightly pixelated, and the colours arent as sharp as they are if it was playing the file through windows player etc. I understand that the file is being compressed, and I am looking for ways around this compression.

So I have a few questions :

1. As far as I can tell, Encore encodes dvds to MPEG2. Does anybody know a way to render straight to MPEG 2 from 3d studio max? Any plugins avaliable?
2. If not, what is the best way to get this result? Right now I am supplied avi's that are using a video compression which is MPEG4 V2. It has been mentioned that if I was to get the animation in a sequenced targa format I could render it to MPEG 2, but premiere does not give me this version (but I'll need to double check that properly)
3. Anything else I can do to sort this issue out?

Thank you for reading this thread, any help would be appreciated!

Smile

Return to posts index

Rocktooloud
Re: Importing 3d studio max animations into encore.
on Sep 21, 2005 at 7:29:59 pm

Hey sy,

Try rendering your animation out of 3ds max to an uncompressed .avi. Then import it into your video editor and encode it to .m2v (MPEG-2). Import that file into Encore and it should work. Make sure not to transcode the MPEG-2 file in Encore. There is no need because it is DVD ready.

Return to posts index

sy
by
on Sep 22, 2005 at 9:45:41 am

Hi there!

Thanks for that, I'll try that out.

sy Smile

Return to posts index

sy
by
on Sep 23, 2005 at 11:52:50 am

Hello again,

I managed to save it out through premiere using a plug-in as a mpeg2, but it still transcodes it in encore. I've tried switching the setting off, but it is grayed out.

Can anyone help out? I feel like I'm missing some step out.

Thanks for any info you can give me.....

Sy Smile

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]