FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 5 can't find DVD Burner...Help!!!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ndrake
Vegas 5 can't find DVD Burner...Help!!!
on Sep 17, 2005 at 1:19:06 am

I am using Vegas 5 and it searches but doesn't find my external DVD Burner. It will sometimes hang up when searching for cd/dvd drives under my preferances. My Nero software reckognizes the drive and burns when this software is used but, the Vegas hangs up and doesn't even see the drive. Any help would be great. Thanks........

Return to posts index

Rocktooloud
Re: Vegas 5 can't find DVD Burner...Help!!!
on Sep 17, 2005 at 3:54:24 am

I believe that external drives are slower than internal, even if they are Firewire or USB 2.0. A firmware update might solve your problem.

Return to posts index

ndrake
on Sep 17, 2005 at 4:15:22 am

Thanks Rock. Any idea of a place I can update? Isn't it kinda tricky to do so and can't you mess up your burner? I am new at this so......I thank you for your help...

Return to posts index

Rocktooloud
on Sep 21, 2005 at 6:15:20 am

Hey ndrake,

It's not tricky to do this. However, it is VERY critical that you do everything correctly. The firmware update is available from the manufacturer's website and is usually a .exe file that you run/install. The critical part is you have to make sure that the update is for your EXACT drive, or else that can screw things up. Also, do everything you are told to do. If you are told to unplug/plug in the drive, do so, etc. I hope that will work for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]