FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrox Customer Service

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
decafinated
Matrox Customer Service
on Sep 8, 2005 at 3:51:09 pm

Hello,

I purchased the Matrox RT.X10 bundle late last year. I was already familiar with Premier Pro 1.5, so I purchased the product for its hardware interface.

There have been a few technical issues. However, in all fairness, I have not proven these to be a Matrox issue.

I wanted to discuss Matrox customer service. The Matrox forum site is well organized. However, I have not been successful in sustaining consistent support through that system. It has been my experience that they are extremely difficult to get in contact with by phone. It is my opinion that both their sales and service groups do not want to talk with customers, and their system is set up to discourage such contact. I have wasted too much time "on hold", only to never get patched through to a tech rep. One day, I even started dialing random extensions, and nobody ever answered.

To that end, I plan on pulling the Matrox RT.X10 from my system, call it a loss, and purchase a D/A converter from a company that I can trust.

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Matrox Customer Service
on Sep 9, 2005 at 1:59:56 am

Well, I've owned various Matrox video editing systems for 10 years and have only had one problem. Of course, I followed their system recommendations, using validated hardware, configuring it exactly as they had posted on their website. My only problem was with my RT.X100 three years ago, when it was first released. I opened an online support issue, describing my problem in detail. I received a recommendation the next day, which didn't work and reported back. We isolated it to an Audigy driver, which they were able to duplicate. They contacted Creative and had me beta test the cure, which did work.

Okay, it took a couple of weeks, but most of that was waiting for Creative Labs to fix their driver.

The vast majority of problems I've seen reported on the Matrox forums deal with using known incompatible hardware or insisting on configuring a hardware RAID, which doesn't work and ironically tests out as slower than a software RAID configured by XP.

Return to posts index

decafinated
Matrox
on Sep 10, 2005 at 2:47:03 pm

Understood. I believe my system to be fully compatible as well.

I did post to the forum on several occasions, but found due to the apparent uniqueness of my issue, that I needed to speak with a tech rep by phone, which has been a challenge. They have been, in my experience, very difficult to get in contact with.

Well, since my posting here, I think I have managed to make contact with a Matrox tech rep by email (not the automated response system that is given on the forum). I'm hoping to get some answers. Overall, I like the product, and wish to continue using it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]