FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help... my TV is cropping my slideshow.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JimmyMace
Help... my TV is cropping my slideshow.
on Sep 8, 2005 at 3:28:16 pm

I created a slideshow in Sony Vegas, and I cropped my images to the following resolution: landscape 720x480 and portrait 480x720, and I rendered the slideshow NTSC 16:9 Widescreen. When I created the DVD using Nero Express and played it back on my TV my landscape images get chopped off on the right and left sides. When I Crop/Pan and turn off the auto stretch feature I still have the same problem and no matter how small I resize the images in Photoshop. Any help for clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

John Gordon
Re: Help... my TV is cropping my slideshow.
on Sep 8, 2005 at 4:51:44 pm

i've only looked at vegas a bit, but I have seen many posts on various forums about this, and from what I can gather from these posts, you don't need to crop your pictures, just check the option to "match aspect ratio" and you should be good to go, but I will defer to more experienced Vegas users to confirm this.

John

Return to posts index

John Q
on Sep 9, 2005 at 2:05:27 am

The other problem you'll have is confining the pictures to the video-safe area. NTSC video has an overscan area on all sides, that is cropped to varying degrees, depending on the television. You'll have to add a black border on some pictures to get the photo to show completely within the visible area.

Return to posts index

goodkarma
on Mar 2, 2006 at 5:33:17 am

Sorry for reserrecting this dead topic, but I'm having the same problem, but with video. I'm lossing the image all the way around the TV. I have my aspect ratio set to 4:3 and my resolution at 720 - 540, so i don't understand what the deal is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]