FORUMS: list search recent posts

is editing with simple tv-out possible?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vdaka
is editing with simple tv-out possible?
on Sep 7, 2005 at 1:09:55 pm

Hi,
this seems like an obvious question that should be in some FAQ, but I'm hunting the answer for some time already, and I can't find it anywhere.

Today I must buy a new editing machine. It will not be used for analog capture, so I just need analog output.
I used to use the TV-out on one of the standard ATI cards (overlay mode) to have a picture on my TV while editing in Premiere 6.0, but I used that only for an hour, so I couldn't judge the picture quality or if there were any other downsides.
So, how does this compare to the firewire->video converters?
Is it slowing the machine down, how's the picture quality, and are there any other downsides, like instability of drivers or harder workflow?
I will be using Sony Vegas, After Effects & Photoshop. Can they all show pic in overlay?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Digital Alchemist
Re: is editing with simple tv-out possible?
on Nov 8, 2005 at 4:46:46 am

As far as After Effects goes, if you have version 6.5, you can view previews through your firewire card, through either a box or a camera.

Photoshop, no.

Sony Vegas, I have no idea.

If you want Photoshop, you'll have to get a Matrox Parhelia which has a plug-in that allows you to view your images from Photoshop on your NTSC monitor (or TV).

I currently use Premiere Pro, and it has Firewire out.

The Alchemist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]