FORUMS: list search recent posts

DIM- 3 with Supermicro xeon X6DAE-G2

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hagi
DIM- 3 with Supermicro xeon X6DAE-G2
by
on Sep 1, 2005 at 3:42:54 pm

Well I'm also trying to DIM - 3, and using the SuperMicro Xeon X6DAE-G2 Motherboard. I'm also confuse with the power suply[4 pin and the 8 pin]. Also I have two sata HD - 74GB for the system and 160 for storage. Which of the SATA should I connect the HD - SATA0 and SATA1.
I also have a CPU<3.6ghz> heat sink fan with 3-pin female connector and the MOBO's 8 Fan headers are all 4-pin, so where do I connect the CPU fans -
If anyone had a general view and advice in terms of connections and configurations, kindly post it. By the way I will use Avid and the video card is nvidia quadro fx3400.

Everyones 2 cents is welcome, Jon, Ed and the rest of the expects and beginners.

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: DIM- 3 with Supermicro xeon X6DAE-G2
on Sep 1, 2005 at 4:06:09 pm

hagi: Well I'm also trying to DIM - 3, and using the SuperMicro Xeon X6DAE-G2 Motherboard. I'm also confuse with the power suply[4 pin and the 8 pin]. Also I have two sata HD - 74GB for the system and 160 for storage. Which of the SATA should I connect the HD - SATA0 and SATA1.
I also have a CPU<3.6ghz> heat sink fan with 3-pin female connector and the MOBO's 8 Fan headers are all 4-pin, so where do I connect the CPU fans -
If anyone had a general view and advice in terms of connections and configurations, kindly post it. By the way I will use Avid and the video card is nvidia quadro fx3400.

Everyones 2 cents is welcome, Jon, Ed and the rest of the expects and beginners.

connect the smaller drive to SATA0 and the larger to SATA1. it sounds like you have the wrong CPU, are you sure you got the exact model Supermicro is recommending with that motherboard? It's definitely a Xeon processor not a P4?

- Jon

Return to posts index

hagi
CPU information/Heatsink
by
on Sep 1, 2005 at 4:47:28 pm

Jon, thanks for the reply, I removed the CPU and looked under for any numbers and this is whate is written just by the pins
RK80546KG1041M
Q78R ES COSTA RICA
3426A688-0479

Also, the fan on the heat sink had this information
Intel
C24751-002
fhp-3463 Rev M
12vdc 0.78A
Fujikura.

Jon I bought the CPU with the Heatsink/fan OEM[dell unit] that came with an ASUS NCT Rev D that had a 3 pin fan connector but as recommended, I bought a new Supermicro MOBO as shown in the DIY-3 article. Also do I have to connect both 4 pin and the 8 pin power connectors on the MOBO. My IDE 1 and 2 are being used for ROM/Writer respectively. Any recommendations. I will upgrade the storage HD to two 250 after I use up the 160 SATA that I have, any suggestions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]