FORUMS: list search recent posts

Computer does not recognize DVD

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cmose
Computer does not recognize DVD
on Sep 1, 2005 at 2:42:38 am

I have an MDG computer with a Toshiba DVD-R/-RW combo drive SD-R5002 Version 1.0 August 2002. I can burn CD's but my computer does not recognize DVD's. Even when I try to format them, it tells me to insert disc or the disc is full, although it is brand new. I've tried several new ones and I get the same message. I took the computer back to MDG where I bought it and they told me there is nothing wrong with it. I tried it again when I went home and I got the same message. The drive is marked DVD but I get no results. I've gone through the whole process of editing a home movie and click on burn but with no result. I don't know where to turn again. Three years ago I paid more than $3000 for it. I would hate to have to spend money on a new computer. Please help me. Thank you.

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Computer does not recognize DVD
on Sep 2, 2005 at 3:44:52 am

According to Meritline, your drive should burn 1X/2X DVD-R media. They show a list of media they've tested as compatible at http://www.meritline.com/dvd-r-media-4-dvd-burner-recorder.html#36. I would suspect that faster DVD-R media should also be compatible, though.

Did you buy DVD+R media by mistake? Your drive won't burn or recognize +R media.

Return to posts index

cmose
DVD burner not working
on Sep 11, 2005 at 2:45:00 am

[quote="John Q"]According to Meritline, your drive should burn 1X/2X DVD-R media. They show a list of media they've tested as compatible at [url]http://www.meritline.com/dvd-r-media-4-dvd-burner-recorder.html#36[/url]. I would suspect that faster DVD-R media should also be compatible, though.

Did you buy DVD+R media by mistake? Your drive won't burn or recognize +R media.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. No, I used DVD-R. Anyway, I eventually took it in to another shop which tested it and said it was definitely not working. This was actually a friend of mine so I trusted him. He changed the drive to one that burns all formats. The speed is now 16x. Everything is working fine now. Thanks for inquiring for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]