FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to transfer vid to ftp

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ray Ellis
how to transfer vid to ftp
on Aug 31, 2005 at 5:43:22 pm

Hello All, newbie here. I just bought a hp pavillion and the pyro a/v link. I am using a standard dvd player to input signal to the pyro . Using windows movie maker I took a 1.4 gig vob file and converted it to 79 meg wmv clip. I have this stored in my videos. If i play on my machine it works great. When I transfer it to an ftp the other person at the ftp cant open it. How can I check to see if the file I am sending is complete ? How do I put all of the needed files in a folder to send? Is there anywhere I can get specific answers ? Thanks

Return to posts index

Digital Alchemist
Re: how to transfer vid to ftp
on Nov 8, 2005 at 4:50:41 am

Hi there.

Well, this could be for a couple of reasons. One is that your file, isn't all there. The other reason is if you used a special CODEC to encode the video that the other person doesn't have.

As far as knowing if your entire file was transferred, you need to check how many bytes (exactly) your file is, and make sure the person that uploaded it has that same amount.

Or, you can check on your FTP site to see if it is equal to the same amount of bytes on your computer.

Hope this helps,

The Alchemist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]