FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting video to still images on a Mac

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve White
Getting video to still images on a Mac
on Aug 29, 2005 at 6:31:40 pm

Hello,

Here's my situation: I'm capturing images from a microscope using an Optronics LEI-470 camera and controller. The camera is a very high quality, 1/2" chip with 470 lines resolution and the ability to collect images in very low light situations. The controller offers 3 different outputs: RGBS, Y/C (S-video), and composite.

Now, I want to collect images from the microscope using the Optronics camera: either still images (what we'll usually do) or short video clips (very occasionally). We need a box to take one of the outputs and get it into a Macintosh. We're using MacOS X 10.4.x, and have a couple of Macs with Firewire and PCI slots to choose from. Getting the highest consistent quality, especially color fidelity, is the first priority; speed is less important.

Questions:

1) I understand that RGBS would offer the best output. Is this true? If so, is there an A/D box out there that will take RGBS and put into a Mac? Firewire or PCI is fine.

2) If not RGBS, is there a recommended or preferred A/D box to handle S-video? I've seen ads for Canopus products, and Optronics sells an expensive ($700) box that will work. I'm guessing that a Firewire-connected, external box is more versatile.

Many thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]