FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help w/System for capturing 8mm

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Monkey-b0y
Help w/System for capturing 8mm
on Aug 24, 2005 at 1:52:08 am

This forum is fantastic! Thanks to all who post here.

Am thinking about getting a Dell Dimension series or Optiplex for doing some video editing at home. Unfortunately I do not have the $12,000 to shell out on an Elmo Telecine machine, but want to use a mirror box to capture MiniDV, then firewire that from my camcorder into the computer.

I understand I will need a bigger hard drive, but once the video is in the computer how big of a machine will I need to edit it and put in some voice overs before I can burn to DVD? As in what are the hardware requirements for most video editing software on the market now? And what are the best software packages to use for my work?

It has been a few years since I worked with video editing and was doing stuff on an 800 mhZ machine 6 years ago. Now the technology is unfamiliar to me, and the requirements for smooth editing and software are also in question.

What is the CHEAPEST speed machine for doing video editing? What should I look for in a processor? And, is there a better way to capture 8mm or Super 8mm film into your computer?

Thanks in advance to everyone who can help as I want to order a system tonight or tomorrow!

Monkey-b0y

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]