FORUMS: list search recent posts

question about live video editing.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
saucehog
question about live video editing.
on Aug 22, 2005 at 10:37:02 pm

What kind of eqiupment would you need to do live editing to be shown on a big screen display. Basicaly it would be three cameras set up for an arena football game. They want to be able to do instant replays after any big plays or touchdowns. What would I need to be able to quickly show something previously taped.

Thanks

Return to posts index

tantuscomputers
Re: question about live video editing.
on Aug 23, 2005 at 9:00:26 pm

Something like a Newtek Video Toaster would do the job. Expensive. We are an integrator for that product.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Aug 24, 2005 at 3:15:51 pm

Check out the Newtek Tricaster http://www.videoguys.com/tricaster.html

Trcaster is a $4,995 turnkey live switching and editing solution. Not only can you mix the video from 3 cameras, you can add graphics, powerpoint presentations and stored video from the Tricaster's hard d rive. Even cooler you can stream your production directly onto the internet if you have a connection available. Tricaster also acts like a Tivo for your prodcution - it can store the video directly to it's hard d rive - you can edit it later.

Gary

Return to posts index

tantuscomputers
on Aug 25, 2005 at 6:39:30 pm

When you are looking for the speed to be able to grab stuff that just happened and edit it down, add effects, etc. to show it immediately, the VT4 is going to have a huge advantage over the Tricaster by being able to use a much more powerful and robust system. Tricaster is limited. VT4 will also enable you to be able to produce a lot of the 3D elements, bumpers, etc that you see during the instant replays in football games. ALSO, VT4 includes Aura, which can give you painting over live video... useful for Madden Strokes? Add in the ability to save the whole thing to disk (Tricaster is limited to 160GB total hard drive space)... I could go on and on.

Return to posts index

saucehog
on Sep 2, 2005 at 7:29:09 pm

Thanks guys that really helps. I'll start looking into those. Is there anything else I might need with those besides cables etc? also... can I use any type of camera or do I need a certain type of output on the camera? I was planning on getting a prosumer 3ccd camera that panasonic makes.

thanks again.

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
on Sep 3, 2005 at 12:26:57 pm

O boy.
If you think you can use a prosumer camera for an arena football game AND shoot it like a network show (good camera angles, close ups & instant replay)... you are kidding yourself. (Maybe if it is a little league game of a bunch of kids.) 3CCD only applies to the way it process your in-coming image. Has nothing to do with getting it out to your switcher or other hardware.

I have done football games. try 100s of feet of cable, sync phase shift, color matching, the list goes on and on. I know the toaster is a magic bullet for certain jobs, but it is only so magically and you still need some hardware and the right kind of hardware.

Return to posts index

saucehog
on Sep 13, 2005 at 3:12:43 pm

I definitly realize that it wouldn't look anything like a network show, but the team is now where near having the budget for that yet. It's not AFL1 or 2. It's the AIFL which is an up and coming arena league. It's not going to be broadcasted from these cameras or anything. I was just wondering if these cameras have the ablilty to connect with the toaster. The budget isn't hugge but they want me to do what I can within the budget to have some type of replay system to be displayed on a projector or a plasma tv. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]