FORUMS: list search recent posts

capture to hard disk possible?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
skyeguy
capture to hard disk possible?
on Oct 14, 2004 at 6:07:47 pm

I’m not much of a video expert and have a question regarding the new Sony HDR-FX1 camera. Can anyone help me with it?

My project requires me to capture long segments of HD video on a stationary camera. Basically a timelapse project. I need to record the same scene for 48 days, 10 hours/day. Due to the scope of the project, I cannot afford to stand by the camera changing tapes every hour or even ever 90 minutes. I'd like to report the my camera setup twice a day. The first time to set it up, the second time to reset it.

What I’d like to know is whether or not there is any way to setup the Sony HDR-FX1 so that it records onto a large hard disk instead of a tape. Is there any way to stream digital information directly out of the camera and onto a disk?

If this is not possible with the Sony HDR-FX1, is it possible with any other camera?

Thanks for your help!
skye

Return to posts index

D_
Re: capture to hard disk possible?
by
on Oct 15, 2004 at 12:01:39 pm

This capability is availble for DV cameras if you have enough hard disk space and a computer you can dedicate to the task. See the two links below for an idea of two kinds of products available.

I do not know about HD formats.

DV Rack

Firestore

I hope this gets you pointed in the right direction. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]