FORUMS: list search recent posts

Building A High Perform. 'Dream System'...w/recs from Liquid

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rowdy Rod
Building A High Perform. 'Dream System'...w/recs from Liquid
on Aug 16, 2005 at 5:24:57 pm

Ok in an earlier thread ([url]http://videoguys.forumexperts.com/viewtopic.php?t=110995 [/url] ) I posted the response I got when questioning Pinnacle directly concerning video cards. I then decided to post the components for my planned system, and see what your thoughts are.
I also added the recommendations made by techs at Pinnacle. They are not 'official positions' of Pinnacle as a company, but personal recommendations made by the tech support team.

Here we go:

Processor: Intel Dual Xeon 3.2 GHz 800Mhz w/ 2MB L2 cache (Irwindale)
Tech said that obviously faster is better, but the price difference in moving up to the 3.4 Ghz too high with too little added performance

Ram: 2 GB DDR2 400
Tech stated that 1 GB is minimum, 2 is great. 3 is all the RAM Windows XP can handle, and Liquid doesn't really take advantage of anything over 2GB

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2
Tech said that a certain type of driver was need, but all Creative cards since Audigy have it, so no worries.

Motherboard: Supermicro X6DAE-G2 (Thanks videoguys for the guidance here!) 800/533MHz
Tech said that the Intel 7525 Chipset was a good choice

Video Card: ATI x800 XT
The tech did say that although the ATI X800 it was slower (in bench tests and gaming applications) than the nVidia 7800, and since this will be an video editing exclusive station he would choose the x800.
As stated earlier, ATI and Pinnacle work closely together in driver development, and therefore produce a safer, more stable working environment(in theory). And, since Liquid Edition really doesn't take full advantage of all of the x800 or the 7800's power anyway, he personally would go with the ATI X800(it is also less expensive) for this application.
Here is the 'official' reccomendations from the Pinnacle site:
[url]http://wwwus.pinnaclesys.com/WebVideo/liquideditionproversion6/English(US)/...
[url]

Remaining Components with no relative input from the Liquid tech:
Power Supply: Thermaltake 560W
Case: Thermaltake Xaserv V800A
DVD-RW: SATA Plextor
DVD-ROM: SATA Sony
Hard Disks: (Before I post this, I want you to know that I do not plan on RAIDing these drives) 1 Maxtor DiamondMax 80GB System Drive and one 300GB(for starters then upgrade as needed) DiamondMax media drive.
Monitors: Dual UltraBrite Dell 19" LCD's

I would love to hear all of y'all's input!

Thanks!!

Rowdy
:D [/url]

Return to posts index

Rowdy Rod
Cost
on Aug 16, 2005 at 5:49:11 pm

I almost forgot...the cost:

I currently have a grand total of 2235.00 w/out monitors (already have 'em)

Pretty neat trick, huh?

Wheelin' & Dealin,

Rowdy :D

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
Re: Building A High Perform. 'Dream System'...w/recs from Liquid
on Aug 16, 2005 at 6:55:56 pm

The system I just ordered (or at least all the compents) totaled to just about 2150.

I'm going with one single 3.4 processor though.

What is the benefit of the duel processors for Pinnacle LE?

Return to posts index

Rowdy Rod
The processing power of rendering the HD signal....
on Aug 16, 2005 at 7:07:23 pm

Tends to utilize the processor vs. Ram during rendering.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]