FORUMS: list search recent posts

Firewire Card

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tgunz58
Firewire Card
on Oct 5, 2004 at 12:14:02 am

Need help badly. Is it possible that my OCHI firewire card (4USB & 2 firewire ports) could be shorting out my DV video cameras 1394 port? Device mgr. shows no exclamation point. It reads device working properly.

Return to posts index

D_
Re: Firewire Card
by
on Oct 5, 2004 at 6:53:29 am

Yes it is possible, although not likely. More possibly your camera could be shorting out your card, but in that case you would get some kind of error in Device Manager.

What are your symptoms?

I had a DuoConnect card (USB and Firewire) that just did not work well with Video. Purchased an ADS Pyro and video works great now.

Hope this little bit of information helps.

D

Return to posts index

tgunz58
on Oct 6, 2004 at 12:21:36 am

D_

There are no symptoms. When the camera is connected to the computer. The computer does not even recognize that a firewire was plugged in. Than the next thing you know the camera's firewire port does not work. The device manager show no sign of a problem. What is the proper way to hook up a camera and a computer? Should the computer be turned off when connecting?

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Oct 7, 2004 at 1:32:25 pm

When firewire works properly you can plug and unplug firewire at anytime without any damage.

Your system is not working properly.

It sounds like you have a damaged camera or bad cable. Your camera will probably need repair. Your Firewire board *might* be damaged as well. DO NOT connect that camera to any more firewire devices. Send the camera to a competent repair facility and do the same for your firewire device. DO NOT connect other devices to that firewire board.

If you do try to use your camera in another firewire port (for example, a friends computer), you may damage their computer as well.

Good Luck!

D

Return to posts index

tsmksey
on Nov 23, 2004 at 8:06:30 pm

I would ask the question, are you all up to date with the driver for the card? I would try reinstalling the card with the most up to date drivers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]