FORUMS: list search recent posts

Poor Output Quality on DVD

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
moonskin
Poor Output Quality on DVD
on Aug 15, 2005 at 12:37:34 am

I'm not sure what the cause, but I'm not getting the quality I would expect from my setup.

I'm capturing from my Sony TRV-820 Digital8 Camcorder through firewire with Pinnacle StudioDV. The capture settings in StudioDV are set to full-quality, which creates "full-quality" .avi files on the hard drive for each captured clip. Then I import these .avi files into Roxio's DVD Builder software to burn to DVD.

The only compression it seems would be during burning of the DVD. But when I view the original captured .avi files in Windows Media Player they are moderately pixellated. I thought they would look better when burned to DVD, but they show the same pixellation on the final DVD. It's not terrible, just not as clear as when I play the video from the camcorder hooked directly into the TV.

Has anyone using any of these products seen these results? Or is this pixellation normal for DV capture via firewire? If the problem is with StudioDV, what other software can you recommend for affordable full-quality DV capture?

Jen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]