FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere and AfterFX Real-time video cards

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben_Chiu
Premiere and AfterFX Real-time video cards
on Aug 13, 2005 at 4:24:46 am

Hi:

I'm quite confused about the capabilities of a few of the video cards mentioned on here, so I was hoping that someone could please explain the difference between WYSIWYG enabled cards such as the Matrox Parhelia APVe, the accelerated cards such as the RTX100, and the faster Open GL cards that support multiple monitors and TV out (nVidia 7800, Quadro, etc.) when used with Adobe Premiere and After Effects.

Specifically my questions are:

1. Does the WYSIWYG feature of the APVe accelerate the TV output or does it only display as fast as your system display/render?

2. With the Open GL cards such as the 7800 and Quadro allow you to view Premiere and/or After Effects on TV out (e.g. provide WYSIWYG)? I'm assuming it doesn't accelerate either program, is that correct?

3. Am I correct in assuming that the RTX100 only accelerates Premiere and not After Effects?

4. It's my understanding that After Effects likes fast Open GL cards. If this is correct, will a fast open GL card accelerate After Effects rendering/preview times?

Thank you for any insights!

Ben

Return to posts index

tantuscomputers
Re: Premiere and AfterFX Real-time video cards
on Aug 15, 2005 at 11:48:24 pm

1) No, it does not accelerate - only provides the output.

2) These cards provide no acceleration, and unless there is a specific plugin for Premiere or After Effects from these cards, you can essentially only use a TV as a second monitor... your usage as a preview monitor in software is not as good as a WYWIWYG plugin.

3) Yes. Although it does supply a WYSIWYG plugin for AFterEffects for NTSC preview (as well as Photoshop and a few other things)

4) Yes.

Return to posts index

Ben_Chiu
Re: Premiere and AfterFX Real-time video cards
on Aug 16, 2005 at 2:22:33 am

Thank you very much for the precise answers, Edward. They are greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]