pinnacle performance numbers

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ivkumar
pinnacle performance numbers
on Aug 4, 2005 at 10:27:07 am

Hi,
Does anyone know the following performance numbers for pinnacle:
1) time taken to convert a 13GB (1 hour) avi file to Mpeg-2?
2) time taken to create a DVD of length 2 hrs using studio 9?
(it is taking 5-7 hrs for me. I of course have a P3 733MHz CPU, separate disk for videos and 512 RAM)

-Vijay
PS: I'm thinking to build a new PC with P4, 1GB RAM. Want to know if the performance will improve.

Return to posts index

tantuscomputers
Re: pinnacle performance numbers
on Aug 4, 2005 at 3:00:57 pm

If you don't mind me not supplying specific numbers, let me say that I can guarantee that your numbers will improve significantly. Some dedicated hardware like a Matrox card would improve them even more.

Another suggestion to save you even more time - dump Studio 9 and get a non-consumer NLE. If you've been using Studio for a while now and feel comfortable with it, you ready to move on and start exploring some new hardware/software.

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
on Aug 6, 2005 at 4:06:54 pm

Roger that.

I've been sitting on long render/burn times with my Studio 7 & 9 plus for almost 3 years now. That's why I've decided to build a new system. With a 2.4GHz processor, 512MB of old rambus memory and a video card that came with the Gateway I bought back in early 02, it's definitely time to up the ante.

Oh yeah, and I'm going with Pinnacle LE which will be a nice little upgrade in software.

Return to posts index

ivkumar
on Aug 9, 2005 at 11:36:24 am

tantuscomputers - what is the alternate to studio 9 but with equal features...

-Vijay

Return to posts index

tantuscomputers
on Aug 10, 2005 at 3:44:21 am

Well.... anything? As far as 'features' go, I would say that any NLE you buy does the same thing as Studio, just faster, more intuitive, higher-quality, and with more tools for an overall better final product.

Videoguys has a whole section on the comparison of NLE's... Personal preference - get away from Pinnacle and hop in with a real NLE - Vegas, Avid Xpress, or Premiere. (No offense to any Pinnacle user)

Return to posts index

ivkumar
on Aug 12, 2005 at 11:55:37 am

any comment on ulead?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]