FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrox G550 and MSPro7.3 - a Quirk!! Help?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
captaincrunch
Matrox G550 and MSPro7.3 - a Quirk!! Help?
on Aug 3, 2005 at 6:22:15 pm

G550 card and MSPro7.3 software: I've tried every configuration with the settings and I still have one problem . . .

Here's a quirk . . .

From the timeline, preview screen in half size (360x240), the output to the TV is of poor quality. It looks like you take a 360x240 resolution a expand it to 720x480. I can get a good picture if I increase my preview window to full size. But, then it appears like the TV output is out of memory as motion tends to be jerky like it's skipping frames.

BUT, get this . . .

when I go to insert video and use either the duration preview or just the preview from there, the picture to the TV is perfect,

but wait . . .

even Scrubbing the timeline with my mouse, the picture to the TV is great . . .

also . .

when I use the Source screen and play the video, the picture is great!

And using Windows Media Player both monitor and TV quality is great.

What gives? Is this a MSPro preview driver problem, or a Matrox G550 problem. It seems to be in MSPro since only the timeline preview is affected but at this point I don't know . . .

Please send suggestions . . . help . . . money . . . or prozac!

Return to posts index

Terry Stetler
Re: Matrox G550 and MSPro7.3 - a Quirk!! Help?
on Aug 5, 2005 at 6:58:24 am

The preview windows output scales with its size, therefore if it's half sized so will be the output.

While sizing the preview window to full gives you a higher quality external preview it also demands a lot more system resources, especially with added effects and/or a deep stack of clips. As such the choice was made to include this option, which optimizes RT previews to an external monitor on modest systems.

Most programs don't even offer the choice with their external previews, so.....

The Source window isn't affected since it doesn't have to operate at full resolution with added effects, allowing more modest systems to output a high quality source preview without comprimise. Scrubs are also unaffected.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]