FORUMS: list search recent posts

PNY graphics cards

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jojoza
PNY graphics cards
on Aug 1, 2005 at 12:57:12 pm

Hello there

I am about to upgrade my PC and cannot get an explicit answer on PNY's site about the difference between the NVS and FX with respect to dual monitor operation. I have seen Jon's comments on the FX540 but how does the physical connection work. PNY quote the follwing on the NVS280 PCIe

"Utilizing the advanced nView software, the NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 graphics board for PCI Expressâ„¢ delivers next-generation multi-monitor capabilities through its dual integrated 350 MHz RAMDACs that deliver up to 2048 x1536 at 75Hz, 32bpp on each display and up to a maximum digital resolution of 1600x1200 @ 60Hz"

and under harware it states

"-DMS to dual VGA Cable
* DMS TO DUAL DVI Cable Not Included"

This tell me explicitly that I can have two monitors (either VGA or Digital). On the FX 540 PCIe there is not so much expilict information. I have to assume that it has the same functionalty else it would not be recommended by Videoguys.

The same detail are also lacking for the ATI Radeon x700. Is it a true dual head card?

So my questions are:

Can I hook up two VGA or Digital monitor to a FX540 video edtion and the same question for the ATI radeon x700?

Anybody with an answer or directing me to an answer on the two questions?

Thank you

PS I learn a lot on this site and on this forum.
Cheers
JoJoZa

Return to posts index

tantuscomputers
Re: PNY graphics cards
on Aug 1, 2005 at 4:59:58 pm

The NVS cards are just not as 'high-end' as the FX. ie. The NVS are built for "2D applications". The NVS 400 also has quad monitor capability, which is a little different than the Quadro line.

All of the cards you mentioned have dual monitor capability. You'll have to look at each one, specifically, to determine whether they will have dual DVI, though - usually only higher-end cards have that. The Quadro 540 does not.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]