FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering file twice

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
don.webb
Rendering file twice
on Jul 23, 2005 at 11:48:31 pm

Hi, I use CyberLInk PowerDirector to edit my videos. And by the way, I have also used Ulead and Vegas and, from my experience, PowerDirector is my favorite.

But my question relates to the rendering process. I have many video files in AVI format. I don't want to render them all together. I want to edit them separately, add the affects I want for each file and then render them into separate MPEG2 files (compressed format).

The reason for this is that I want to be able to create custom compilations at a later time, selecting some files for one compilation and other files for another.

Now for my question.... If I render the individual files into MPEG2 format, then create a custom compilation and render that project... Are the videos files going to be compressed twice? Or, is the software intelligent enough to recognize that the video file does not need to be compressed again?

I don't want to lose video quality because of double compression. As I edit the separate video files, what is the format that I should render them to the first go-around?

Thanks for your help. Smile

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]