FORUMS: list search recent posts

LE 6.1 and Moviebox deluxe

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Stoneburner
LE 6.1 and Moviebox deluxe
on Jul 21, 2005 at 1:09:28 am

I upgraded to 6.1, software only, from 5.5. I have recently bought a Moviebox deluxe, used, without software. I can't get LE to recognize the MBD. Can I do this with my version of 6.1 and without buying the studio software, which I don't need? I have saw that you are considering offering LE with MBD option. How are you going to get them to work together? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stoney

Return to posts index

Jim Kratzer
Similar Quandary
on Sep 2, 2005 at 1:14:18 pm

I have Studio Deluxe 9+ with the breakout box. I'm seriously looking at the LE 6 upgrade package without the box.
My concern is this: I have a considerable investment (for me) in non-DV equipment. Will I be able to USE the breakout box with Liquid Edition, or do I HAVE to buy the Pro package to continue accessing my non-DV gear?
Can anyone help me (and for that matter, Mr Stoney)?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: LE 6.1 and Moviebox deluxe
on Sep 4, 2005 at 2:03:18 pm

Moviebox USB Deluxe works great with Liquid Edition. It will give you full analog & DV I/O, PLUS real-time analog previews from the timeline.

You need to install the Stuio Deluxe USB hardware and software first. Make sure it is functioning. Then install the LE6 upgrade. There are some drivers that are required for MBD to function correctly. These are not included in the LE6 software, so you need to have MBD up and running before you install LE6.

GAry

Return to posts index

Jim Kratzer
But There's the Rub
on Sep 6, 2005 at 7:16:38 pm

MY problem is that I don't HAVE the USB breakout box; I have the older, Studio 7 Deluxe bluebox that has it's own I/O board. THAT'S why I'm worried about compatibility.
I really hate to think I'll have to go the extra for the PRO version, because that's extra cash (or credit card, which is WORSE!) that I'll have to pony up.
No answer yet from Pinnacle's Tech Support, either. I suspect you guys will be faster, because you have probably the wider installed base of users here in the States. I have heard that Pinnacle isn't as big here as in Europe - YET.
That's okay, we're slowly learning that NIH (Not Invented Here) doesn't always work.

Thanks, guys.

Jim Kratzer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]