FORUMS: list search recent posts

DIY3 Processor version?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Kortge
DIY3 Processor version?
on Jun 27, 2005 at 10:46:01 pm

After much research and the very helpful DIY articles, I've decided to build the DIY3 machine. The article talks about how the selected 3.4Ghz Xeon processors must be version SL7TE for the Supermicro motherboard, not SL7HJ. With Newegg, where I had planned to purchase, I can't specify, nor will they guarantee I will get the correct version. Can anyone suggest an online vendor that will provide the correct model and version processors to make this work. Thanks -Ken

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: DIY3 Processor version?
on Jun 28, 2005 at 2:30:37 pm

KenK: After much research and the very helpful DIY articles, I've decided to build the DIY3 machine. The article talks about how the selected 3.4Ghz Xeon processors must be version SL7TE for the Supermicro motherboard, not SL7HJ. With Newegg, where I had planned to purchase, I can't specify, nor will they guarantee I will get the correct version. Can anyone suggest an online vendor that will provide the correct model and version processors to make this work. Thanks -Ken

unfortunately i don't know of a retailer that will check the SL # prior to purchase. i had to exchage my processesor through intel directly to get the right SL#. The SL # we said not to get is an older model, newegg should have new stock though. i would check with supermicro when you get the processor if the SL # is different then the 2 listed in the article to make sure it's ok to use.

- Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]