FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frustrated w/Pinnacle studio 9

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
duke22
Frustrated w/Pinnacle studio 9
on Jun 24, 2005 at 11:56:22 am

Hello, I have been working w/ studio 9 for months! I can capture, edit, add music, and burn on DVD. When I try and watch the DVD that I burned parts of the movie are bit maped and very choppy. Also the audio is in front of the video. It looks like a cheap overseas movie. I add music but never mess with the original audio. I have Defraged and I have 512 ram and I have done the data rate test every time, My movie looks 100% on my computor but not on the T.V. Please help very frustrated. Duke

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
Re: Frustrated w/Pinnacle studio 9
on Jul 5, 2005 at 10:19:32 pm

duke22: Hello, I have been working w/ studio 9 for months! I can capture, edit, add music, and burn on DVD. When I try and watch the DVD that I burned parts of the movie are bit maped and very choppy. Also the audio is in front of the video. It looks like a cheap overseas movie. I add music but never mess with the original audio. I have Defraged and I have 512 ram and I have done the data rate test every time, My movie looks 100% on my computor but not on the T.V. Please help very frustrated. Duke

Duke... sounds like it's all a matter of fine tuning your editing technique. First of all, what format of film are you using? Digital 8? MiniDV?

Secondly, upgrade 1GB of RAM. This could help you on many levels.

Are you capturing your footage to a seperate hard drive? If not, get yourseld either a second internal drive or an external drive. I recommend 200+ GB. Very moderately priced these days. Keep your captured footage on a different drive than your C: (or boot) drive. Speaking of drives, how big is your boot drive? I use Studio 9 plus and have a 160GB C: drive to store the projects. My captured footage is kept on two 200GB drives and a 250GB drive--all externals. I'm only using 512MB memory but I have a new system being built alltogether. Don't run any other programs when rending or burning your DVD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]