FORUMS: list search recent posts

A Sony VX2100?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Gray
A Sony VX2100?
on Jun 23, 2005 at 6:03:20 pm

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Sony VX2100 in the Sacramento area? I'd much rather physically buy it than order it from somewhere.

And as for online ordering, does anyone know of a LEGIT place that sells them brand new?

Appreciate any help! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
Re: A Sony VX2100?
on Jun 25, 2005 at 3:33:15 pm

What the...? No one here has some info? Oh, BIG TIME filmmakers in this forum! C'mon folks, throw me a bone. Make something up! Where do you folks purchase your high-grade, can't-find-it-at-Best Buy cameras? Is there no one from the Sac area with a recommendation? I'll even take Bay Area suggestions (even though it PAINS me to even THINK about going into that liberal arm pit of California)...

Anyone?

Return to posts index

Chas Smith
Mail Order Suggestion for VX2100
on Jul 9, 2005 at 5:39:58 pm

You may want to check out http://www.cameraworld.com of Oregon. I've purchased stuff from them in the past and they've been great. I got a PD100a a few years back and their price was lower than anybody else. I spoke to the only saleslady on their staff and she was a peach to work with (I think her name was Michelle but I'm not 100% sure ).

One thing they had going for themselves was that you could return the product in two weeks if you weren't satisfied (and undamaged of course). Check to see if they still have that policy. Also, if you can find a lower price, they usually match or beat it.

Since Oregon is close to your location, shipping would be a breeze.
Other places to consider would be B&H Photo/Video NYC. Other than that, I can't personally recommend anyone else mailorder wise.

Good luck!

Chaz

PS. you may want to consider bumping up to a Sony PD150 or 170 as these will let you record either MiniDV or DVCAM and they have a couple more pro features that can make shooting and post production a bit nicer.
With all the hoopla now on HDV, prices may be dropping and/or folks upgrading and dumping older gear.

Other good MiniDV cams by Sony that are really good price performers:
Older TRV900 which is really a PD100a consumer model (MiniDV only). Of course these maybe eBay sales items so check out seller's reps carefully.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]