FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrox Axio vs. RT.X100 Xtreme Pro

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Taylor
Matrox Axio vs. RT.X100 Xtreme Pro
on Jun 20, 2005 at 12:20:21 am

Hello,

I'm trying to decide on one of these (see subject) two capture cards. Does the RT.X100 Xtreme Pro work with HDV or HD footage as well as SD footage? Or both?

I know that the Axio does, but how does the Axio compare with the RT.X100 Xtreme Pro?

Thanks,
Taylor

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: Matrox Axio vs. RT.X100 Xtreme Pro
on Jun 21, 2005 at 4:08:05 pm

Taylor: Hello,

I'm trying to decide on one of these (see subject) two capture cards. Does the RT.X100 Xtreme Pro work with HDV or HD footage as well as SD footage? Or both?

I know that the Axio does, but how does the Axio compare with the RT.X100 Xtreme Pro?

Thanks,
Taylor

the AXIO won't be out for another 6 months or so. the RTX100 is for SD only, and will not be HDV at all. If you want to edit HDV, check out the Canopus Edius NX for HDV on our web site at http://www.videoguys.com/ediusNX.html

- Jon

Return to posts index

tantuscomputers
on Jul 7, 2005 at 3:53:28 am

AXIO is not going to be something that anyone on this forum is going to buy. It is a turn-key system that costs well over $10K and is only useful for those needing uncompressed HD functionality. ie. Broadcast. I don't think comparing it with the RTX100 is really a realistic conversation, because it is not being built for the same people.

HDV? Avid.

Return to posts index

Alberto Corredor
on Sep 9, 2005 at 9:18:04 am

Sorry Edward, I know you are the guru in this forums, but don't recommend Avid for HDV, just because it is still unsupported by Xpress Pro. People who need HDV support NOW should go for Premiere or Vegas.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Sep 9, 2005 at 7:56:57 pm

Avid officially announced HDV release date. On or before Oct 17th for HDV.

AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Sept. 9, 2005–Avid Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ : AVID - News) today announced that it expects to deliver native HDV editing and workflow support in its PC-based Avid Xpress® Pro and Media Composer® Adrenaline™ products by October 17, 2005. Customers who purchase either a Media Composer Adrenaline HD 2.x system with an assurance contract or an Avid Xpress Pro HD 5.x system before October 17 may receive free HDV software upgrades when the release ships next month.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]