FORUMS: list search recent posts

diy3 article question on supermicro mobo

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
johann
diy3 article question on supermicro mobo
on Jun 18, 2005 at 9:58:33 pm

i have had a very long 2 weeks. i upgraded my avid xp pro to the hd version wi9th mojo and decided to get a new system at the same time. i chose the intel server board with dual 3ghz xeons. and then it started... i kept geting these dm port errors, eventually leading me to discover that i unknowingly got stuck with that whole southbridge issue. so. yesterday i decided to dump the mobo in favour of the one video guys recommend in their diy 3 article. i bought the one with the scuzzy even though i'm using sata, only because they only had this one in stock. i also bought the supermicro server tower chassis (4U) they recommend as well as the 4 x 512mb ddr2 ecc sticks of their choice. full of hope we started putting this new system together yesterday at about 4pm, using the soundblaster audigy2 z5 soundcard, the nvidia graphics card and the pyro64 firewire card i bought for the intel pc. we downloaded all the newest drivers and bios from the super micro website and started. to cut a long story short we started geting a blue screen error about "nmi" and memory parity. even running on a fresh drive with only winxp pro installed, only one ide drive and the graphics card... nothing else. maybe i've got a pin wrong somewhere, but i don't think so. we worked through the night and eventually quit at 06:45 this morning. but i need to edit, and i'm getting desperate. this has already cost me thousands and i'm at the end of my cable. can someone please help? Crying or Very sad

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: diy3 article question on supermicro mobo
on Jun 21, 2005 at 4:04:55 pm

i see you have 4 sticks of ram. have you tried using 2? maybe mixing them up a bit. im thinking you have a bad RAM stick.

- Jon

Return to posts index

johann
on Jun 21, 2005 at 7:13:01 pm

thanks for the reply, but unfortunately i have. i've tried every conceivable configuration. today i had it at the supermicro office, and after a full day of testing the techie said that he could find nothing wrong. even with the pyro card and the avid mojo installed he didn't get the message once. i brought it home, plugged it in and as soon as i tried to reverse the display of the two monitors, the error popped up again. also if i try to lasso a few objects on the desktop. sounds weird, but it's true, and it's getting to me.

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
on Jun 27, 2005 at 12:49:22 am

my 2 cents:
try using just one monitor. sounds strange but, if it was working just fine at the techie shop. ( I assume they just plugged in 1 monitor) and you plug in both monitors and it then crashes.. it sounds like a possible issue.

Maybe there is a video card hardware or video driver issue when running two monitors. I never heard of a monitor causing problems as described, but I see new things that surprise me.

my 2 cents
Lee

Return to posts index

fdooman
on Nov 22, 2005 at 11:47:48 pm

Try changing your monitors order in your video card software. change the monitor 1 to 2 and monitor 2 to one.

Fred

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]