FORUMS: list search recent posts

Some general notes on HDV editing solutions

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Bettan
Some general notes on HDV editing solutions
on Jun 16, 2005 at 5:23:39 pm

With HDV you get the HDV footage into your computer via FireWire. All Video editing applications that support HDV can also be used to edit DV footage. Some of our HDV editing solutions will allow you to mix DV (Standard Definition Video), Analog (with a converter box or other hardware), HDV (multiple resolutions 720p, 1080i) and even DVC & DVC Pro footage.

Today there is no single standard for delivering HD content that you can easily view on an HD TV. Twp differnt formats have emerged for high definition video on a DVD. Blu-Ray & HD DVD. So far there are no players or burners for either format. You can encode your video to WM9 HD and burn it on standard DVD-/+R media. Tehse disks will playback on a compuer with WM9 HD support and a fast enough graphics card. There are DVD players emerging that will support these WM9 discs.

If you start with HDV footage, you will end up with a superior looking standard definition DVDs. The reason is simplehere. The more information you initially start with, the bestter any encode will be. So all those extra HD pixels are used when converting your files to MPEG2 for DVD authoring.

I get asked all the time which NLE is the best for HDV? This is not as simple to answer as you think. There are several good choices and they all have distinct features, performance and advantages. The following is pulled from a series of posts i made recently on the DV info Net Forums.

Check out HDVideoguys.com my thoughts on the various HDV solutions http://www.hdvideoguys.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]