FORUMS: list search recent posts

what is the best after all? Dual core P4 or hyperthread P4

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
maddaddy
what is the best after all? Dual core P4 or hyperthread P4
on Jun 13, 2005 at 1:40:29 am

Looking at the new Dual Core P4 HP custom build computers. Is the chip design better than the hyperthreaded P4s for the same clock speed? What works better for NLES like Premiere and Vegas? Which is more efficient and faster?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: what is the best after all? Dual core P4 or hyperthread P4
on Jun 13, 2005 at 1:09:15 pm

Dual core is the future - no doubt about it. We're going to go dual core for DIY 4.

That said, I think you may want to wait a little before rushing in. Drivers, software and the OS really need to be optimized for this new technology before we get the full benefit of it.

I do expect some folks will run into stability issues initially. These will be quickly worked out with driver updates and tweaks. Expert users will enjoy this process, video editors may find it very frustrating.

We're recommending that unlkess you are an expert, let the experts go first. Learn from their experiences. By year end we'll have it down cold and it will be worth the wait.

Gary

Return to posts index

maddaddy
Thanks
on Jun 13, 2005 at 1:35:04 pm

I need another computer for my work and thought I might kill two birds with one stone. Get a new video workstation as well as a computer I can use for my consulting work. I saw the hyperthreaded laptops but I don't like the idea of integrated video. Have you had any problems with Intel Extreme graphics or the ATI radeon 9X laptop chpsets?

Also the hard disks in most of these guys is only 4200rpm.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]