FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help converting captured video to dvd

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
otter
Need help converting captured video to dvd
on Aug 2, 2004 at 6:23:09 pm

I bought a Sony DCRHC40 Camcorder and need help converting my videos to a good quality DVD. I am using Ulead dvd workshop to capture the video and USB 2.0 to link my Camcorder to my computer. The problem is that after capturing the video and converting it to mpeg 2, the video looks as if the pixels have been enlarged. Its no where near as clear as it is if the video was played straight to a TV with the Camcorder.I hope this is not the best quality iI can get with set up.I also have aan ATI All-In-Wonder card but have not had good sucess with it in the past. Please give me some hint on making good quality hme movies.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: Need help converting captured video to dvd
on Aug 2, 2004 at 8:32:33 pm

Try using a "i.Link" fire wire connection instead of the USB 2.0 to transfer your video files to the computer as DV .avi.
The USB connection was designed for video streaming, so you are using it as an expensive webcam. I would like to know the format and file size/sec of the video you captured from the camcorder. Also, did you use DVD Workshop to capture through the USB 2.0 port?

Return to posts index

otter
on Aug 3, 2004 at 11:07:30 am

Hi
I have tried to use the "i.link", but my computer (Bio Star 2600 AMD) and DVD Workshop will not recognize it. The video I'm trying to capture is only six minutes long. I'm not sure about the size of the video file, but the camcorder is a DV Camcorder. After purchasing the camcorder, I recorded about six minutes (in SP mode)of my son to learn and practice with. I have captured a few things in the past with a All-In-Wonder card, but wanted something that was going to give a little better quality. I did use DVD Workshop and USB 2.0 to capture this video.

Thanks for trying to help
OTTER

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Aug 3, 2004 at 4:02:20 pm

Then try capturing with Windows Movie Maker or any other video editing software you may have installed and then import it into DVD Workshop. Also try connecting your camcorder and powering it on in playback mode (but not playing) and see if your computer recognizes it. If so, you can download trial versions of a number of products you can use to capture the video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]