FORUMS: list search recent posts

Studio 9 Problems

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rozteaches
Studio 9 Problems
on Jun 7, 2005 at 12:25:49 pm

Does anyone out there know what to do when you have spent 72 hours trying to render a video that consistently hangs in different areas , yes I've tried everything except reinstall,that I am scheduled to present Saturday? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
(besides go crazy)

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
Re: Studio 9 Problems
on Jun 8, 2005 at 5:04:05 am

Yeah, yeah. Been there, done that.

Okay...first of all, make sure you have the latest patches for your program. I am currently using Pinnacle 9 plus and had this problem last week. The first project it happened on, it seemed that it was hanging during a dissolve transition. I went back into editing and deleted the transition. After adjusting a couple other things to make sure the music still matched on time, I re-rendered without the dissolve and it was fine.

However, my next experience over the weekend sounded more like your situtaion. During the first rendering, it hung on a certain clip. This project had no transitions. I took out the entire clip and tried to render without it as an experiment. It hung futher down the line on another clip. I removed that one as well. I ended up doing this for 3 specific clips. I went back and put those clips into a new project of their own to see if they would render seperatley and they would not. I then went back to the original tape footage and recaptured. The recaptured footage rendered with no problem at all. So, if you can't fix it by installing the latest patch, try recapturing your original footage and replacing the clip.

Return to posts index

Rozteaches
Well well
on Jun 8, 2005 at 12:00:10 pm

You might do that but I've got over 15 clips of people (all whom expect to view themselves on Sat) along with dozens of photos for each clip
I would do that IF I thought Studio woulld work but the forum over there is filled with these issues.
Ever used Ulead -I'm considering that option now.
Roz

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
Re: Studio 9 Problems
on Jun 20, 2005 at 3:10:11 pm

Welcome to editing! Issues happen. The solution isn't necessarily getting a different program, the solution is figuring out how to fix your problems. I've been a Pinnacle Studio user for 4 years now and I haven't experienced too many bugs. And I've used 7, 8, 9 and now 9 plus. I think most of the complaints you read about are from people who don't quite know how to maximize the program or have compatibility/configuration issues. In video editing, you have bugs. Period. That's from the hobbiest level all the way up through Hollywood.

Just give yourself bigger cushions of time to finish projects and NEVER promise anything.

Return to posts index

Rozteaches
Thanks
on Jun 20, 2005 at 10:38:24 pm

Confused Thanks for the advice-although it doesn't make it easy for any type of business venture with video work. After all if I'm doing a video for an anniversary,wedding reception or memorial service I absolutely have to promise a product.
I started rendering the above mentioned video on Sunday when it was completed. Promised it for the following Saturday. I completed it at 3:00 pm on Thursday. I thought 6 days was ample time.
Roz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]